Current History

Home » History » Current History

The Ghost Town Tavern & Restaurant was built in 1902 by a gentleman named J. Hadler and was called the Ulao Tavern and Dance Hall until about 1928. There have been five known owners since: Bob Oberheu 1928 1948 called the Ghost Town Tavern, Mike & Marion Maniag, 1948 1973 called the Ghost Town Tap. Gene & Milly Buchel, 1973 1992 called the Ulao Inn, Gary Lied, 1992 1997 called the Ulao Inn.

Roger and Phyllis Chase, lifetime residents of the northshore area and owners of the Grafton Antique Mall, purchased the Ulao Inn on October 6, 1997. They plan to uphold he tradition of excellent fish fries and great steaks in a casual country atmosphere.

On August 25, 2005, Mike “Juice” Gannon opened Juice’s Ghost Town. Juice grew up in Grafton and has spent most of his life in Ozaukee County. Being in beer sales for a distributor and bartending since age 18, he achieved his goal of restaurant ownership with Juice’s Ghost Town. Juice worked at many restaurants and clubs in the area and tried to take the best from each of them to make it a fun place to cocktail and dine.